Swedish Heart & Vascular
Swedish Heart & Vascular works closely with physicians and patients from throughout the Puget Sound area to offer a full selection of comprehensive, state-of-the-art cardiovascular services in a collaborative environment that joins quality clinical care with research and education.
Whether you have been referred for consultation, diagnostic testing, cardiac treatment or disease management, your best interests are at the heart of every medical decision we make and every care option we provide.
Our experienced cardiologists perform two important roles: in addition to their clinical practice, they are also involved with clinical research and education. This expertise is enhanced by our close relationship with the Swedish Heart & Vascular Institute at Swedish Medical Center.
Swedish Heart & Vascular provides comprehensive clinical services in coronary artery disease, periipheral arterial disease, neurovascular disease, arrhythmia, valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathy and congenital heart disease.
Our cardiologists actively participate in a large number of clinical trials – pharmacological as well as trials for new cardiovascular devices. In addition, they closely collaborate with cardiac surgeons, vascular surgeons, cardiologists and interventional radiologists from around the region in a wide range of research and educational efforts.
A key result of our extensive involvement with research and education is that we are able to offer our patients the region’s highest level of cardiac care. In turn, patient outcomes are significantly improved.
Swedish Heart and Vascular provides clinical services in coronary artery disease, peripheral arterial disease, neurovascular disease, arrhythmia, valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathy and congenital heart disease. Our patients have access to the latest interventional technologies, which include:
- Carotid artery intervention, including stents
- Carotid artery angiography and stenting
- Percutaneous valve repair/replacement
- Percutaneous abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Percutaneous patent foramen ovale/atrial septal defect repair
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage occlusion in atrial fibrillation
- Percutaneous treatment of coronary/peripheral chronic total occlusions
- Cardiovascular risk factor management and prevention
- Implantable pacemakers and defibrillators
- Electrophysiology studies
- Ablation of aberrant conduction pathways
The clinic’s diagnostic capabilities include treadmill testing, holter-event monitoring, echocardiography, nuclear-medicine studies and cardiac catheterization.
- Robert M Bersin
- David R. Broudy, M.D.
- Peter J Casterella, MD
- Peter A. Demopulos, M.D.
- Amish J. Desai, M.D.
- Milton T. English, III, M.D.
- Massie Ghods, M.D.
- Paul P. Huang, M.D., M.Sc., FACC, FSCAI
- John V. Olsen, M.D.
- Gary Oppenheim, M.D.
- John L. Petersen, M.D.
- John L. Petersen, II, M.D., MHS
- O. Madalina Petrescu
- Mark Reisman, M.D., FACC
- Sarah M. Speck, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.C.
- Darryl S Wells, MD
- R. Jeffrey Westcott, M.D.
- Tiong-Keat Yeoh, M.D.
- Adam H. Zivin, M.D.
Swedish Heart & Vascular550 17th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98122
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Map & Directions
Network of locations
What to expect during your hospital stay
Watch and learn
Educational videos on our innovative cardiovascular conditions and treatment options.