First Trimester Checklist
First trimester: your to-do list.
- First and foremost, make the healthiest choices you can for you and your baby. See our Health & Lifestyle Tips for helpful advice.
- Find a provider and get started on a schedule of regular prenatal appointments.
- Make sure any medications or supplements you’re taking have been approved by your provider.
- If you haven’t yet decided on where you’ll have your baby (or even if you have), you can take a tour of any or all of Swedish's four birth centers.
- It’s not too early to register for classes, especially since they often fill up quickly.
- If you plan to go back to work after your baby is born, you might need to start touring childcare centers and getting on waitlists now.
- If you have a low income, you may qualify for services through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) nutrition program. To learn more, call our WIC office at 206-386-3WIC (3942).
- You might want to check with your health insurance company about your maternity benefits. If you don’t have insurance or will be paying your hospital bills privately, please call a Swedish financial counselor at 206-386-2565.
Call 206-386-BABY (2229)
If you'd like to have your baby at Swedish, let us help you find a doctor or midwife.
The Lytle Center Resource Fair
Friday, Sept. 26
From 10a.m. - 3 p.m.
Classes and Free Tours
Learn all about having a baby and caring for her when she arrives.
Now Get a Little Extra TLC